Location: Central London (South Bank)
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Competitive plus benefits and share ownership
Legal Advisor role description
We are looking for a Legal Adviser / Consultant to work primarily with our Legal Manager and Legal Director advising on, supporting and implementing employee ownership models in organisations across the UK.
The initial role will be primarily technical, including:
• Supporting the design and creation of ownership structures for employee owned businesses.
• Supporting the implementation of share and asset sales into employee owned structures.
However, we ultimately want to see our advisers developing a broader set of consulting skills so that they can deliver a broader range of services to clients, including:
• Create inclusive cultures in which staff behave like owners.
• Support and train key individuals and groups within organisations.
• Implement share schemes for clients.
• Advising on the trust and tax law surrounding employee ownership.
• If you wish, to work with our broader team of consultants to support clients in the third sector and social enterprise space.
Continuous improvement is critical to us. We will provide individual development, through external training and coaching from members of our management team.
We do a lot of our work out on client premises and so the role will involve regular travel across the UK.
Skills & experience
For this role we are particularly looking for the following skills and experience:
• Experience of corporate legal work (being a qualified solicitor would be an advantage).
• Experience of M&A work, in particular share and asset sales.
• Experience of designing business constitutions, in particular articles of association.
You will likely have a bachelor’s degree (2:1 and above) from a leading university and a minimum 2 years’ legal experience. You may currently work for a more traditional professional services firm and be looking for a different kind of career experience. Or perhaps you are already using your legal skills with the kinds of organisations and individuals we work with.
We are a small team who work hard, so you’ll need energy, enthusiasm and be able to work well independently where required. Ideally you will also:
• Have good presentational skills
• Be proficient in the Microsoft suite (in particular, Word)
You will not be expected to have had any experience of employee ownership at this time. What is more important is a good breadth of corporate law experience and enthusiasm to learn about a new field. We will provide support and training around the unique principles and technical rules around employee ownership.
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 1st October 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you
Meet our team/ Read our blog