Location: London, with travel
Reporting to: Manager
Entry level salary: £25,000
As a Junior Consultant in our business you will be primarily tasked with supporting hands on project delivery for our clients, learning about the sectors we work in, and increasing your skill set.
Your work with our clients will focus around some or all of the following services:
• Supporting the development of long-term growth strategies
• Working on commercial opportunities to help clients grow, via investment, innovation or winning new contracts
• Supporting clients to implement transformational change strategies and appropriate organisational models (across people, structures, process and IT);
• Supporting the development of investment cases (including financial models and business cases) to access capital
• Supporting the development of client-specific theories of change and measurement frameworks to capture social impact
• Supporting business owners to transition their companies into thriving employee owned enterprises
• Supporting teams to spin out of the public sector into thriving employee owned social enterprises.
• Creating inclusive cultures in which staff behave like owners
You at Baxendale:
Baxendale is an employee owned company, where all employees are partners. As a Partner you will have energy, enthusiasm and be expected to play a proactive role as an owner in this business, participating in our lively culture based on collaboration and helpfulness. You will put in the effort required to ensure we all succeed. The business will ensure you share in a fair and transparent way in the collective rewards we generate. You will be expected to work collaboratively and with respect for others at all times, and to be able to work well independently where required.
As your understanding of the business develops you will be expected to contribute at a strategic level, and influence how the business grows. We will provide you with the company information to enable you to do that.
You will have the opportunity to contribute towards supporting our sales, marketing and innovation activities, including working on proposals for new work, supporting the business at events, and participating in the development of new products.
We prioritise personal improvement, particularly for Junior Consultants, and will expect you to focus on learning and personal development. We will support your development through a mixture of on the job learning, executive team coaching, and external training.
Your precise training needs will be drawn up with you once you’ve spent a short time in the business and we will provide you with a training budget.
We expect your skill set to grow and develop over time, and as you progress in the business ultimately to include the following specific skills:
• Strategy creation
• Business case creation including building financial models
• Change management
• Client delivery including senior client management
• Project management
• Stakeholder engagement and wider communications, branding and marketing
• Individual presentational skills, including impeccable writing skills and first rate Excel skills
As a recent graduate we do not expect you to show substantial experience in the sectors we operate in. We do however expect you to be able to evidence your broad commitment to a career that will help to solve societal problems. In addition, we expect you to be able to evidence the following skills and attitudes:
• Excellent existing Excel skills and a willingness to deepen them
• Outstanding communication skills, including excellent writing ability
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Positive energy and willingness to take on responsibility and gain experience across a range of activities
• Innovative thinking and readiness to share fresh ideas and perspectives
Baxendale is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 5th February 2017.