Baxendale is a specialist management consultancy and investment business that exists to solve important societal problems in a way that creates positive economic, social and environmental impact.
With significant experience in the public and private sectors, our team of expert consultants support the success of strong, sustainable and growing organisations that want to increase their positive impact whilst being able to adapt and thrive in the face of complex challenges.
The Baxendale team draw on expertise gained through working for market-leading management consultancies including Accenture, PWC and Deloitte, working in central Whitehall departments, and leading social sector organisations.
Our clients include public sector bodies (Whitehall departments, arm’s length bodies, NHS providers and local commissioners), charities, social enterprises and private sector businesses committed to generating positive impact.
We know that old models of business-as-usual can be unsustainable, wasteful and exploitative but with the right approach business can achieve high impact positive outcomes at scale for clients, employees and the communities in which we all work.
Manager role description
As a Manager in our business you will be primarily tasked with hands on delivery with our clients, and helping to drive our ambitious growth strategy.
Your work with our clients will focus around some or all of the following services:
• Service modelling to assist healthcare providers prepare for delivering new contracts
• Developing long-term growth strategies
• Working on commercial opportunities to help clients grow, via investment, innovation or winning new contracts
• Supporting clients to implement transformational change strategies and appropriate organisational models (across people, structures, process and IT)
• Building investment cases (including financial models and business cases) to access capital
• Developing client-specific theories of change and measurement frameworks to capture social impact
• Supporting business owners to transition their companies into thriving employee owned enterprises
• Supporting teams to spin out of the public sector into thriving employee owned social enterprises
• Creating inclusive cultures in which staff behave like owners.
As a Partner at Baxendale, you will have energy, enthusiasm and be expected to play a proactive role as an owner in this business participating in our lively culture based on Partnership and helpfulness. The business will ensure you share in a fair and transparent way in the collective rewards we generate. You will be expected to work collaboratively and with respect for others at all times, and to be able to work well independently where required.
Skills & experience
We are a small team who work hard, so you’ll need energy, enthusiasm and be able to work well independently where required. Specific skills and experience include:
• Excel-based service modelling
• Bid writing
• Strategy creation
• Business case creation including building financial models
• Change management
• Client delivery including senior client management
• Project management
• Stakeholder engagement and wider communications
• Experience of the health and social care sectors (desirable)
• Individual presentational skills, including impeccable writing skills and first rate Excel skills
You will likely have a bachelor’s degree (2:1 and above) from a leading university, and a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant field. You may currently be working for a more traditional professional services firm looking for a different kind of career experience. Or perhaps you are already using your commercial skills with the kinds of organisations and individuals we work with.
Baxendale is also looking for excellent candidates to join our associate pool for non-permanent, project based work. In addition to the skills and experience listed above, experience of working in the health, housing or education sectors is essential.
Salary: Manager £45,000-£55,000 plus benefits and share ownership; Associate day rate negotiable based on experience.
To apply for Manager or Associate positions:
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 8th September 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you
Meet our team/ Read our blog