Transformation in Health is needed more today than ever before. The NHS faces huge challenges including surging demand, reduced funding, increasing costs and a demoralised and shrinking workforce.
To deal with this, healthcare organisations are grappling with how to transition across a number of axes, including from competitive to collaborative; from acute focused to system focused; from technology-enabled to digitally transformed; and from being a challenging place to work to a great place to work.
Baxendale works with a broad range of healthcare organisations to develop, grow and transform to build better futures for their organisation and the communities they serve. Our clients include providers of community services, mental health services, primary care and secondary care. We also work directly with CCGs and STPs.
Our projects are varied, responding to the needs of each client, but usually include some of the following elements:
- Service design – applying national and international best practice to a client’s local context.
- Service transformation – either to reorganise services to mitigate challenges of demand or to respond to local commissioners’ future intentions for services.
- Partnership brokerage and merger support – to lay the foundations for meaningful integration.
- Financial and workforce modelling – to model and cost planned changes at a granular level.
- Programme management – to drive forward the programme to achieve intended outcomes, often supporting multiple system partners.
In all cases we act as a Critical Friend, providing external review, support and challenge to help clients achieve the best outcomes.
We work with organisations across the UK. In the last 3 years our team have helped:
- Clients to win and mobilise over £3 billion of new contracts – including adults community services, children’s community services, mental health services and primary care APMS contracts.
- Developing service models to deliver services closer to home and promote the integration agenda through new and innovative delivery models including Primary Care Homes and iThrive models.
- Deliver transformation programmes to effect long-lasting service change in community services, reducing demand on primary and secondary care services.
- Community providers to use technology to measure and model demand & capacity across community nursing.
- GPs to reconfigure services towards a sustainable operational model for the future.
- CCGs/STPs to design and implement transformational out of hospital projects, including self-care and end-of-life services.
Email ceri.Jones@baxendale.co.uk for more information.