Senior Financial Analyst – Job description:
As Baxendale’s Senior Financial Analyst you will play a number of key roles in the Partnership. The first of these is in ongoing client delivery. Here specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical oversight of client projects – providing technical review and sign off for models
- Developing the financial modelling team within the business. This will involve training our consultants via on-the-job coaching and classroom training
- Continuing to develop the Baxendale approach to financial modelling and our offer to the markets we serve
- You will also be expected to continue to work directly on and deliver a number of projects each year. This will include helping clients to win new commercial contracts, raise investment and develop business strategy. While this will be across sectors we have a particular emphasis on Healthcare at the moment.
- As part of this you will work closely with senior finance teams and will provide senior counsel to clients as they present to commissioners, social investors and other key stakeholders
In addition, you will have the opportunity to play a wider role in the on-going management of the business. This will include:
- Supporting the team where necessary around the ongoing management of our investment portfolio and finance function (this is expected to be limited)
- Supporting the Board to develop business strategy and through the annual business process for the organisation. This will include development of the associated financial model for the business.
- Taking an active interest in broadening your skill set in the business by supporting partners to deliver across a range of work-streams in addition to financial modelling. For example, preparing business plans, accessing investors or even market research.
- Learning! Continuous improvement is a critical element of the way we work. We will support you with individual development, both through external training but also coaching from members of the executive team
Skills & experience
The candidate will likely have a bachelor’s degree (2:1 and above) from a leading university, an accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) and a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a finance professional. You may currently be working for a more traditional professional services firm and looking for a different kind of career experience. Or perhaps you are already using your commercial skills with the kinds of organisations and individuals we are looking to work with.
Whatever your experience to date, you will have a strong financial modelling capability. Ideally you will have overseen and been responsible for the creation of dynamic financial models for live businesses and can lead teams to work with clients to build models from scratch. You will also have an excellent business brain and understand how to analyse companies and construct commercial deals. You are likely to have had management experience, including in direct line management. Furthermore, you will be a highly committed individual looking to take real ownership and to create meaningful value for the long-term. We are a small team who work hard, so you’ll need energy, enthusiasm and be able to work well independently where required.
Specific skills and experience include:
- Financial modelling
- Business analysis
- Commercial development
- Client delivery
- Project management
- Stakeholder engagement and communications
- Good presentational skills
- Good writing ability
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite, particularly Excel
Salary and benefits
- £60-70k per annum
- 30 days holiday entitlement
- Share in ownership
Please apply by 5pm, 18th December with a CV and covering letter through firstname.lastname@example.org. Baxendale is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that we value the diversity of our workforce. Applicants should, however, be currently eligible to work in the UK.